Saturday, May 5, 2012

His Special Treasure


How I love the Word of God!

As a young Christian I heard the Bible referred to as God’s love letters to us.  The more I read it for myself the more I have to agree!

It is filled with so many treasures for Papa’s children.
You don’t read for very long until you come across a promise from His heart to yours.

I am constantly amazed by His Words of love.

This morning I was reading in the Nineteenth chapter of Exodus and got as far as the fifth verse where I encountered a glorious Word from Him.

In the passage the LORD was telling Moses what He wanted related to His people.  He desired that they obey Him and keep His covenant and as always the promised result is so much more than anyone can possibly grasp.

They will be His own possession, which actually means special treasure!

A special treasure is something that you protect and treat with great care.

The LORD went on to say that they would then be to Him a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. 

The people promised to follow Him, but that promise grew old very quickly.

It is not an easy thing to obey consistently.

How grateful I am for what Jesus has done for us!
His Sacrifice covers all our disobedience and allows us the joy of experiencing the promise of being Papa’s special treasures.

One of my favorite verses is found in First Peter, the Second chapter, verse nine:

“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him, who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”

Not... obey and then you can be, but...you are
This is true of all who are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.  The one thing we need to do is receive Him.
It is not dependent upon our keeping the whole Law.  The Law was meant to reveal how weak we are and how great our need for a Savior.

As I read the Words from my glorious Papa I could not hold back the praise. 

Stop right now and reflect on the truth of how the Living God sees you, if you know Christ as your Savior.

Isn't it amazing?  Isn't He amazing??

Now as His precious possessions let's worship!

No comments:

Post a Comment