Saturday, November 27, 2010

Full!

The past few days have been full..
Full of blessings!
Family and more family!!

Of course, there were the full -
Bellies-so many goodies to be sampled!
Smiles-so many good talks and laughs!
Hugs-so much love!
Hearts-to overflowing!!

Along with all of this there were heavy hearts.
My dear sister is finding the holidays too much to bear.  They were always a time to share with her daughter, but no more.  So she opted to stay home.  She has her fiancee` so she wasn't alone. 
I told her no apologies were necessary.
Another sister, who was very close to Sara, came with her family, but became so weighed down with sadness that she left early.  Again no apologies were necessary.

As I held my sister before she left, tears filled my eyes.
Tears more for my sisters than niece.  They have no Comforter.  How desolate they must feel.  How unnecessary. 
Mindy commented on how my faith makes such a difference in handling life's difficult times.
So true.

There is a promise made by Jesus in the fourteenth chapter of John that I experience regularly.

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."

There is no limit to who may claim this for themselves.  It is available from and through Jesus to everyone who comes to Him.  What an immeasureable gift!

One of the highlights of the weekend, thus far, has been learning that one of our nephews has begun a relationship with Papa!  We hadn't seen him in a number of years, but have prayed for him.  As we all have done, he had made some poor choices, yet in the midst of the consequences he met Jesus!
This news not only warmed my heart, but lifted the heaviness.  It was a reminder that Papa cares for each individual and is at work all the time. 
I picture a smile coming to His face when we ask Him for something that is close to His heart.  Others coming into relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ, tops the list, I am sure!

Seeing the results of prayer and the work of the Grace of God fills my heart more than anything else does or could.  Add joy to the peace.   That is from Jesus too!  In the fifteenth chapter of John it is laid out for us.

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you.  By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.  Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.  These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full."

And when He makes it full, it is to overflowing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment