Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blessings in Spite of all the (In)Conveniences

We live in a complicated world.  So many "conveniences" - too many!

Computers.
I held out for a long time.  Sometimes I wish I never gave in.
Yet, how in the world does one function without the things?
I would be at a loss!

Cell phones.
This one I resisted too, but now I depend upon that thing too!

Then we have ipods.
I never even gave them a thought until my honey bought one for me, so I could have my music in Asia.  It was a blessing.

The problem with all these things is that I don't want to know how they work, I just want them to do what they suppose to do!
Until seven months ago I was all set.  My man would always come to the rescue.  Now he is even more confused than I am!

Even land lines (house phones) aren't simple anymore!
The day after Ray's accident our phones didn't work and continued to give us trouble for quite a few weeks. The repairman and I had become friends by the time it all got straightened out!
Ray's computer started displaying strange messages.  That didn't matter too much because I could not get beyond the desktop, as Ray had everything passcoded and I had no idea what the codes were!
Well, Papa sent help.  He, in deed, is my Redeemer on so many levels!

Let's fast forward to the present.  My go to friend for computer help is not in town these days...
My trusty laptop is showing signs of impending trouble.  Yikes!!
My cellphone decided to begin on the downward path to self-destruction.  Oh No!
Even my ipod is having trouble.  Well, the thing that it plugged into so I could use it in the car is kaput and that is where I used it.  Bummer!

I have no idea what I can do about the computer.
The cellphone has been replaced.  I am now trying to learn how to use the thing.  Why do they have to keep changing things??!!
And the ipod...I guess I'm back to my old cd's.

Complications seem to be the theme these days. 
The process that had to be worked through after the theft of Ray's wallet was not simple...
Phone calls.
Logging on to accounts that are on auto-pay..Now what was that password??

I keep thinking that I will be able to set up a schedule where I can just sit and start to write the book that is in my head.
Now Papa?  Not yet.

In the middle of all that this adventure brings my way Papa has a re-occuring message for me.
Be In The Moment.
Do Not Miss The Blessing I Have For You Right Now.
Wait And Watch.
You Will See What I Am Doing And Rejoice!!

Though our God is beyond comprehension; He is not complicated.  His way is not complicated.
And He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  He never has and never will change.
As we seek Him, we can be sure of Who we will find.  Though His ways are far above our ways, they are good, as He is good.

Today I was speaking with a precious friend and I told her that I have come to the conclusion that to follow Him is hard.  The path is not lined with primroses.  Often there are many thorns, many challenges. 
Actually life is not easy.  We have times or moments that are not so challenging, but something else will arise to give us a run for our money.  This will be the case whether we follow Him or not.
The difference is that with Him we know that the final result will be worth it all!

The verse that Papa gave me the night of Ray's accident says it all.
"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the LORD."
Psalm twenty-seven, verses thirtheen and fourteen.

Yes, I will wait for the LORD!  And as I wait and watch I do see blessings. 

Dear friends; such treasures!  
A growing friendship with my daughter-in-law!
Precious faithful sons who love their parents!
Our every need met so beautifully..
The opportunity to learn to rest in Him and possibly learn to be a little more patient..
I am so glad that He is patient with me!  Ah...  Another blessing!

What better time to count our blessings and name them one by one?

No comments:

Post a Comment