Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bliss

Back from a very lovely, restful vacation and sporting a tan I am attempting to ease back into my regular routine.  I still hear the waves lapping the beach and am savoring the time that I had to wander along the shore with one of my dearest friends.
We spent much time talking and praying together.
Ah bliss....

I thought I'd stop by here just to see if Papa had anything for me to say.  If there was anyone that might be listening....
Truly I thought by now no one was visiting this sight, but found that some still do.  Surprising to me!

It is Holy Week.
The time that commemorates Jesus' death and culminates by celebrating His resurrection, which happens tomorrow.
A very precious time for all who love Him.
I have the extra blessing of having begun my personal, love relationship with Him during this week.
Thirty-four years ago.
Talk about bliss!

What does that word mean?
According to my thesaurus it is:
Enjoyment, happiness, delight, pleasure, harmony, ecstasy, heaven, paradise.
Do I walk around with my head in the clouds surrounded by rainbows and butterflies or the such?
Not by a long shot.
Yet, just the thought of Him brings pleasure.
Not only the thought but  the fact that He scatters many reminders of His Presence through out my days.

His resources know no limits and He delights in sharing them with His children.

Often when I read Scripture  I find many promises for those who love God.

Psalm thirty-six contrasts those who do not fear God with those who do.
The wicked's heart is instructed by sin and is flattered by the same.  The picture drawn is a very dark, hopeless one.
Those who fear God enjoy the eternal blessings and resources of their God.
 A picture of hope and promise is seen.

Two verses spoke loudly to my heart and caused me to reflect on the grace of God. 

"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!  And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.  They drink their fill of the abundance of Your house; and You do give them to drink of the river of Your delights."
His delights?  Could those delights be His bliss??

All ours because of Jesus!  True bliss!

"Oh,the depths of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!"  Romans 11:33






No comments:

Post a Comment