Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Little Sparkle

Each morning Papa and I spend some alone time in my little sanctuary.
This morning was no different.

I sat with my Bible open to Psalm thirty-two, where King David records his experience after he admitted his sin before God.  The sin was adultery and murder.
How important it is to approach all Scripture with an open, hungry heart that is willing to hear from God on a personal level.  It is our loss if we only look at it as a slice of history.
Additionally we lose out if we come with a superior attitude.   Too easy to do, after all in this case, we haven't orchestrated some one's murder.  Like wise, many have not deliberately entered into adultery.

Ah, but haven't we?

How important it is for us to take in the whole counsel of God!

If we move into the New Testament we find Jesus' teaching about such things as murder and adultery.
"You have heard that the ancients were told, 'You shall not commit murder and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.'  But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever shall say, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."  Matthew 5:21-22
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery'; but I say to you, that everyone who looks on a woman to lust for her has committed adultery with her already in his heart."  Matthew 5:27-28
Oh, you could spend all your days in the Sermon on the Mount and never exhaust the lessons it holds!

Reflecting on this Scripture with the Holy Spirit's guidance certainly is humbling.
Yet, so refreshing!
If we come eager to hear out of a desire to draw nearer to Him and to become more conformed to His Image, well then, you can be certain He will honor that desire.

As I meditated on the things that were brought up out of my heart, I happen to glance out of my window.

The morning sun was bathing the blanket of snow that covered our yard.with its pure light.
This caused little bits of light to seem to come from the snow itself.

I decided to research the cause of this phenomenon.

The Weather Guys on The Why Files site explained...
" Each ‘sparkle’ is a reflection of the sun’s image from a single crystal."
They said more, but Papa had me at that one sentence.

Our God shines through our brokenness and is reflected in the lives that are surrendered to Him.
what a beautiful picture!
"And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness."2 Corinthians 12:9
To which I respond with Paul,
"Most gladly, therefore I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
This is not a boasting in our sin, but an admitting to our sinful nature and boasting in His grace!

What a privilege and joy to be able to sparkle for Jesus!





No comments:

Post a Comment