Friday, June 8, 2012

Plumbing the Depths

“We can exaggerate about many things; but we can never exaggerate…the compassionate abundance of the love of Jesus to us.”  Fredrick William Faber
The longer I walk with my Savior the more I realize how immeasurable His love is for each one of us.  We can never plumb the depths of this love, but we should try!

Paul puts it this way in his prayer found in the Third Chapter of Ephesians starting at the Fourteenth verse,
“For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.”
When His love first broke through to me and I fell in love with my Savior,  the love affair of the ages began.  I marveled over His Love for me.  It all was new and so wonderful, but as I looked back I came to realize that it wasn’t really that new.  It was my awareness that was new.  He had been loving me all along!

The more I reflected over the journey I had been on, the more I recognized how evident His Hand of love and grace had been throughout all that path, which had led me into His Arms.

No I cannot say enough about His Love.  Never would I come close to exaggerating.  His love is that amazing!

As my friend and I worshipped our LORD together this morning the word complete came to mind.

He is complete.  We need nothing more.

Psalm thirty seven tells us,
“Delight yourselves in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart.”
Many interpret this to mean that they will get all their fleshly desires met.  Not at all.  We will be satisfied because we will find ourselves complete in Him.

What more could we ever want?

Yet, until we experience this for ourselves, we cannot understand it.  How could we be totally satisfied and yet seemingly be lacking things in our life?

We were designed to be satisfied by Him alone.  That longing, which often remains unnamed or undefined, is only met by Him.
It is the God of Love who draws us to Himself and satisfies us.  He fills us up to overflowing with His Love and then spills out on all who are around us!

So plumb those depths!  Jump right in!

His Arms are waiting to catch you!

No comments:

Post a Comment