Monday, June 24, 2013

The Man in the Moon

Last night I read a comment a friend had posted on Face Book, which caused me to grab my keys, jump into my car and drive down the road.

What did she share that caused such a reaction?
She and her hubby had taken a ride themselves and encountered an amazing moon on their travels.

It seems that last night, as well as the previous one, were distinguished by what is called a "super" moon.

Neither I nor my friend could see it from our homes, as we are surrounded with trees that only allowed the hint of the moon's glow because of the position it held in the sky.

I did not have to take my car very far before I came upon a clearing that allowed a full view of said moon.
There it hung in the sky and it seemed as if I was seeing beyond it into space.
Clouds here and there accompanied it and seemed to be beyond our atmosphere, wisps among the stars that glittered so faintly.

As I gazed up at the moon I remembered how excited I would become as a little girl to be able to see the "man in the moon."
I recall feeling safe and protected as the moon's friendly face looked down on me.

That same feeling came over me once more.
However, this time it was because I know the One who made that moon.

How I marvel over the beauty, order and magnitude of all He has created!
Which, of course, then leads me to marvel more so over the fact that this Magnificent Creator God, not only looks down upon me with love, but came down to this earth, reducing Himself to a mere human all because of that love!

Looking up into that vast sky that has no end brings to mind The First chapter of Colossians, the Seventeenth verse,
"And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."
He not only holds it all together, but is actually amongst His creation.
Right alongside each one of us.

Yes, though His creation is vast and He keeps it all together, He is intimately involved with each bit of it and each one of us.

Though it seems that the "man in the moon" is looking down on us, we can be sure that Papa always has His eye on His children.
"Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, on those who hope for His loving kindness."  Psalm 33:18

No comments:

Post a Comment