Friday, June 14, 2013

More Than Shelter

Opening my bible to the sixth-first Psalm I discovered a date alongside its first three verses.

December 26, 2004.

Eight and a half years ago.

What was happening in my life?
Much turmoil I am sure.  Many heartaches.

On that day, in the midst of all the turmoil I found solace in the words penned by King David so many centuries before.
"Hear my cry, O God; give heed to my prayer.  From the end of the earth I call to You, when my heart is faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  For You have been a refuge for me, a tower of strength against the enemy."

This night I once again am touched by these words.

They wash over me as they pour from the true Author’s heart to mine.

A message of love.

A loving reminder.

So many times He, my dearly beloved Papa has placed me in the cleft of the Rock. 
The Rock that is, indeed, Higher than I!

When my heart barely could muster the strength to continue to beat…

When the darkness cast by the enemy threatened to overtake, He proved Himself greater…
He cast a mighty shadow…that overtook everything.
The tower of strength, where I have been hidden away many a time…

The Psalm continues...
"Let me dwell in Your tent forever; let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings."
Where else would I want to be but in His Presence forever?!
Finding refuge under His mighty wings!

There is more in verse four!
" For You have heard my vows, O God; You have given me the inheritance of those who fear Your Name"

Our gracious, loving God does not stop at sheltering us and affording us protection, but He makes us His own, part of His family!
In response to our sincere desire to honor and revere Him, He welcomes us home, our eternal home!

There we receive and enjoy our inheritance as a child of the King!

I gladly join my voice with David's...
"So I will sing praise to Your Name forever, that I may pay my vows day by day."
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment