Saturday, February 2, 2013

Limbo Leads to the Kingdom?

For a few days I have felt the prompting to write this post, but have had little idea as to what I was actually going to say.
Okay Papa what do You want me to share here?

Shall I share that...
I have been feeling like I am in limbo?
I have wondered if we even have a connection anymore?
And asked where the joy of my salvation has gone?
Or
How amazed I am that You still show up and reveal Yourself through me?

Not my usual perky self, am I?

I don't know when I will come out of this funk, yet my God is giving me assurance after assurance that He is behind it.
Having come to know that He is totally trustworthy and loving I wait, albeit not comfortably.

A few of the things He has been saying to me have come through Frances Frangipane.
The teaching is some of what I have given to others and thought I had learned in the past.
I guess it is time for a refresher course for this lady.

Our God does not tell us that we will avoid the floods and fires of testings and trials, but He does promise to go through them with us.
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you.  For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.  Isaiah 43:1-3
Of course, He goes through all things with us.  He is with us, constantly.
Jesus is not afar off.  Though He is on the Throne in Heaven, He is also right here with each one of us.
"to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."  Colossians 1:27
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me."  Galatians 2:20
Yes, with us and in us.
Good thing because apart form Him we can do nothing!

Notice the hope expressed in those two verses.
Paul penned those words under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (Christ in him).
He knew what it meant to go through the floods and fires and also knew that God accompanied him through all of it.
Comforting words for us, for me.

Everywhere I turn I am reminded that my Heavenly Father intends to conform me into the image of His Son. That is what is behind this hard place I have found myself in.
That also gives me comfort.

Each day I try to read a section in the Adult Children of Alcoholics Big Book.
Papa is using it to peel back a few new layers of junk from my heart and thinking.

The program is big on the subject of Acceptance.
This week the Spirit has been speaking to me about my need to accept the things I cannot change.
If I remember that all things come via my God and are intended to bring blessing in the long run, then it is easier to accept.
That does not mean that the flesh part of me doesn't resist; at times stubbornly so.

Yet, Papa peels back the veil and helps me to recognize what is going on.
The choice becomes clear...
Resist and fight and be miserable, which never brings real satisfaction...
or let go and let God take you further on into His Kingdom.
So limbo is temporary, but the Kingdom is for eternity...

Some choice, huh?!






No comments:

Post a Comment