Monday, February 18, 2013

HE

It has been sixteen days since I have visited this site and I was amazed to see that some readers haven't given up on me.  That makes me smile.

I am on the upswing, as my God is gracious and faithful, as well as so gentle and loving.
Oh..
and patient!

We have entered my most favorite season.
The season of Lent.
You see, it leads up to Holy Week which culminates with Easter.

It was at this time of year that I met and fell in love with my Savior.
I remember that first Easter when my eyes were opened to what it truly means.

Each year I seek to deepen my understanding of what His death and resurrection mean for me.
In addition to my regular reading of Scripture, I set aside time to read through one of the gospels over the forty days of Lent.
This year it is the Gospel of John.

As I began my reading, one word jumped out at me.
The word was He.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God."  John 1:1-2
This Word is a person.  He is the Word.
He is the Source of Creation.
He is the Source of Life.
He is the Source of Light.

He Is the Life.
He is the Light.

This One...He came...
The Creator...
The Life...
The Light...

This One came...
"He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.  He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him."  John 1:10-11
Yes..
Did not know Him..
Did not perceive...recognize...ascertain..take notice..of Him...of the Word.

Thus He was not received.
I checked in the concordance and it can mean receive from, so not only wasn't He received, nothing was received from Him.
Oh, He had much to give, but He waits for us to receive from Him.
Then He gives more than we could ever have imagined or thought!
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name."  John 1:12
What a generous God!  Such amazing love!
He could have turned on His heel and headed back from whence He came at the first rejection, but He didn't .
Many chapters later we will read that He set His face for Jerusalem.
He was headed to that Cross with determination.
He would not be deterred.
He loved us too much to go back or turn away.

He is the Word.
The Word....
It is the Word that contains all life.
The Word- He - contains all our story, as only He can tell it.

Our story is found in His.
Spend this holy season to listen and learn.
He is speaking.






No comments:

Post a Comment