Saturday, December 29, 2012

Love Songs!


As I glance out the window while sitting here to prepare this for posting I see weather that the calling birds of day four would not enjoy.  It is snowing!  So let's draw near and be warmed by the love of our True Love...

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Four calling birds,

Calling birds are song birds.

Our True Love is a God of Song!  He loves to express His love over us in song. 

                “The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zephaniah 3:17

That verse tells the story, doesn't it?!

The whole of the book of Song of Solomon is a wonderful example of love expressed in song.  The Groom and His bride sing to one another and they are even accompanied by a choir!

Every good story must have music to accompany it!

I find it interesting that this gift falls on the fourth day, as the number four traditionally represents the creative works.  We have four seasons, four cardinal directions, four cherubim, and four heavenly creatures surrounding the Throne.  The thought comes to me that our God of order has it all in hand.

What does this mean?
This One who holds all things in His hands, also holds us with tenderness and love.

And as He holds us, He sings over us, just as a momma sings over her little one.  After all, our True Love is tender!  I see His Spirit, who ministers to us as so gentle.

I think His song comes from all directions and surrounds us.  Just as we experience His very Presence enveloping us, filling all our senses, He longs for us to hear His song in the same way.

Time to read Psalm 59:16 and 17. 
"But as for me, I shall sing of Your loving kindness in the morning, for You have been my stronghold, and a refuge in the day of my distress.  O my strength, I will sing praises to You; for God is my stronghold, the God who shows me loving kindness."
What song are we singing to our True Love?
Are we resting in His love?

“Be still, and know that I am God….”  Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment