Monday, December 31, 2012

Geese??

We have now reached the half way mark in our journey exploring more fully the gifts our True Love offers us.  Once we are done I am thinking that Papa would have me share with you what He spoke to my heart as I reflected on each gift.  We will see!

Now onto that sixth day!

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me Six geese a-laying,

So what is so exciting about geese? 
They never seemed very special to me.  
Who needs a flock of these birds on the stage of our life? 
What is the Lover of our souls intending here?  Well, under His prompting I was able to see them through His eyes.

Geese are known to be faithful and protective, mating for life. 

                “Your loving kindness, O LORD, extends to the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches the skies.”  Psalm 36:5

                “But the LORD is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.”  2 Thessalonians 3:3

These geese are a laying, which means that they are bringing forth life. 
A lovely reminder of the life that our True Love gives us; eternal life!

                “These things I have written to you who believe in the Name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life.”  1 John 5:13

And abundant at that!!
"The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly."  John 10:10

Now we come to the number six, which stands for the frailty of man.
It is important to remember we are weak and fragile.  I always tell my husband that I am a China teacup, so handle me with care!   That’s because China teacups are lovely and useful, but fragile!

                “And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.’  Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.”  2 Corinthians 12:9

Let's meditate on Psalm 121 and reflect upon all the gifts that are piling up!
"I will life up my eyes to the mountains; from whence shall my help come?  My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.  He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber.  Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.  The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand.  The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.  The LORD will protect you form all evil; He will keep your soul.  The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever.""

“Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His loving kindness is everlasting.  Psalm 136:1

No comments:

Post a Comment