Monday, December 24, 2012

Introducing theTwelve Days of Christmas


This is the beginning of the adventure that I promised to share with you, my dear readers.
Papa gave it to me and I pray that it is as sweet a blessings to you as it has been for me!
(I will post at some point each day through January seventh.  However, I cannot promise at what time I will do so, as we will be traveling and I may not always have access to the internet.)

As you begin this brief twelve day adventure know that what you find on each page is just the starting place for you.  Use it as a springboard that propels you closer to your Savior’s heart.  Draw near; He has more to tell you.  Words meant just for you!

Every year it seems that Christmas springs itself upon me.
Oh, I have ample warning, but somehow find myself scrambling to have enough time to prepare, not only physically and mentally, but spiritually.
Much is involved in preparing to bless loved ones and celebrate with them.
In the preparation I plan to take time to reflect deeply upon the true purpose of the season.
Somehow that part of the preparation is easily squeezed out.
I was lamenting this fact before my God when He brought the song, The Twelve Days of Christmas, to my attention.

Here’s what He revealed to me:
Those 12 days mark their beginning on December 26th.
That is the day after many of the festivities culminate.
Things begin to slow down.  All the preparation is done. 
Instead of preparing to reclaim your home from all the decorations and such, why not use those 12 days to stop and do your reflecting?

Lovely idea, Papa!

And why not use the words to the song to do your exploring?

In doing research I found the traditional interpretation for this Christmas song.
It is a dry one and not what, I believe, our Loving God would have us learn from it.
His language is one of love and it is on that premise that I proceed.
It is His tender voice that I have listened to as I have gathered these thoughts.  He has written a lovely story in which we have a main role!
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith ; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.”  Ephesians 3:14-19

No comments:

Post a Comment