Friday, February 14, 2014

A Valentine Just For You

Last week I had a topic burning away in my heart and mind that I wanted to share here, but, as often happens, the time to express it did not present itself.

Now I have time and as I sat down at my desk I fully intended to put it down in writing right here.
However, Papa just told me "No, not right now.  After all it is Valentines Day.  Let's say something else more fitting with the day....."

So I guess I am going with the topic of love...

Today many cards and gifts are being received in an effort to convey our love for one another.
Love is expressed in a multitude of ways.
Our God loves to remind us of His love and, if we are on the lookout, we will discover many of His love gifts each day.

This morning when I checked the latest offerings from my friends on Face Book my attention was arrested by a picture a dear friend posted.
It was of a beautiful male cardinal perched on a branch outside her window.
What a lovely sight!

That was a gift of love from Papa for certain!

Mr. Cardinal appeared to have not a care in the world.  You see his Creator has everything in hand.  Why He provided tats lovely resting place just for him!

You know the Almighty, Everlasting One didn't need to create such a beautiful world for us, but He so loves to share His creativity.  It is a joy for Him to bless us.

Nature holds so much evidence of the Wonderful One and of His love for us.
He knows what touches our hearts and brightens our spirits.

Right now we are in the midst of a winter that is proving itself worthy of its name.
One of the evidences of this winter is all the snow that covers the ground.

I love the gentle silence of the snow, as it blankets the dreary, barren earth and trees.
From my window I see our yard and across the street a field; both of which are whiter than white without a blemish on either.

This picture reminds me of a verse found in Isaiah's first chapter.
"Come now, and let us reason together," says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool."
Out of His great love He gave His greatest gift - That of His Son!
His Son, who washed all of our sins away and left us clean as the freshly fallen snow.
Now that is truly love at its purest and deepest!

When we have experienced this Love, well then it truly is a
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment