Thursday, June 4, 2020

Practice

Hello there!
It’s been a couple of weeks since I have stopped by here.
I’ve been busy!

The warmer weather has drawn me outside.
Many flowers have been planted and a number of serious hikes have taken place.

I’ve had some thoughts as to what to share here, but by the time I sit down in the evening the brain is in neutral.

In light of the additional turmoil our country is experiencing at the moment I am feeling prompted to write this new post.

The thoughts that have been accumulating have a theme.
Presence.

There are two parts to this theme.
Being present.
His Presence.

Being present means being in the moment. In means not living in one’s head.

When I am present I can listen.
To His promptings and to others as they speak. Then I really hear!

It means I am not busy forming my next words, nor does it mean projecting as to what the future might be.
It takes practice.

Being present heightens my awareness of His Presence, as well as others around me.

To be aware of His Presence is to be aware of His love.
This stirs love in my heart.
Love first and foremost for Him.

What is that love meant to look like?
In Mark 12 Jesus is asked what was the most important commandment.
His response?

““The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭12:29-30‬ ‭NIV‬‬

As I reflect on this it seems to mean that we are to Practice His Presence. In other words be God-focused!
The more we do this the deeper our love grows.
With it comes peace.

I call this being in the flow.
The flow of His Spirit.

There was more to Jesus’ response.

“The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.””‭‭Mark‬ ‭12:31‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Practicing His Presence. Abiding in Him. Experiencing His love and grace.
What flows from this is that love for your neighbor.

Oh how our nation needs this right now!
Actually this world needs this!

For many years I have prayed for peace for this world.
People, who were created in our God’s image are mistreated at every turn.
Each individual is precious in His sight!

I was aware that there was racial injustice in our country, but truly did not realize just how deep it goes.  The blinders are off.  God has broken my heart.

In the 12 Step program there is a motto.
“Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.”
We take one part or the other.
There is no neutral place.

So how can I be part of the solution?
How can we?

First is prayer.
Seeking God.
Allowing Him to show us how we have been part of the problem.
Listening to His direction.

Scripture speaks of praying without ceasing.
When we are practicing His Presence we find we have a running conversation with Him.
Just like anytime we are hanging with someone. We might be silent for periods of time, but being aware of their presence, we simply speak when we have something to share.
Same with hanging with Papa!

Prayer becomes our very breathe and the blood that courses through our veins.
According to Oswald Chambers, “Prayer is not an exercise, it is the life.”

His Presence puts the appropriate light on My thoughts, attitudes and the day.
Prayer helps us sort it all out.
We can rest and move in the Spirit.
Be in the flow!
Then we can be part of the solution and we will move mountains!

It takes practice!
In His Presence!



No comments:

Post a Comment