Monday, January 13, 2014

Sheltered at All Times!

As usual, I opened up the email and began to read the latest offering from Moody's "Today in the Word."
Often I gain something from the reading, but this day I was simply doing what I usual do with no expectations.

There is extra joy in receiving a gift when it is unexpected.
Yes, it is especially delightful to receive a lovely surprise.

That is what Papa had waiting for me!
Joy and delight!
A gift from Him which filled my heart and soul to overflowing with gratitude and a holy awe!

The devotions from Moody this month are all around the theme of God's faithfulness.  They used a particular story to illustrate this truth.
"A story was told by rescuers following the earthquake in Sichuan, China.  While searching the rubble, the body of a woman was found.  She was crouched in a kneeling position, almost as if praying.  The house had fallen on her back and killed her.  Kneeling down to reach the body, they spotted a three month old baby wrapped in a blanket tucked under his mother's lifeless body.  Inside the blanket, they found a cell phone with a message still on the screen.  It read, "If you can survive, you must remember that I love you."
As I read this account the picture that flooded my mind was of my God and the great sacrifice which He made for me.
He took the brunt of all the brokenness and sin that marked my life.
For all time!

Verses Thirteen and Fourteen of the First chapter of Colossians comes to mind,
"For He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
Papa's gift didn't stop there, but took me "further up and further in", as C. S. Lewis put it!

In my spirit I was reminded that He continues to bear my burdens, to watch over me; to protect me.
I actually felt enveloped in this amazing love.
There I was sheltered under His protection and thus so very safe and secure.

Then came the thought that this is my position at all times!
With it came the sweet thought that He wants me to remember that He loves me!

Ah, now Papa help me to remember this all the time!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment