Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Only Answer

There is a humorous little story that circulates among Sunday school teachers.  It is how on occasion a child might not be sure what answer you are looking for to your question, but answers anyway because they are sure they cannot be wrong...

With confidence they blurt out JESUS!
No matter the question....

What were the lepers asking for?
JESUS!

Where were they going?
JESUS!

What did the 5000 get to eat?
JESUS!

And are they really wrong?
Truly behind every plea and desire and need Jesus is the answer.
He is the only answer.

This past week has sent me into a tailspin.

My husband has been struggling with increased pain, which has been wearing him out and down.
The doctor's office dropped the ball in responding in a timely, orderly manner and I had to go into battle mode.
Not my favorite pose.
Little did I know the battle that was just over the horizon.....

Then came one prayer request after another.

Pray for my grandson, Zacchi.  He doesn't have much longer; the cancer is spreading fast.

Pray for my friend...pray for my nephew, Drew.  He has been taken from jail to the hospital in need of a shunt to his brain.  They will not tell us anything more and will not allow visitors.

Pray for my son, Tim.  He has been in a serious car accident!  There are injuries to his brain, chest and hip.  Injuries similar to my husband's.  He made it through, so surely Tim will also!

Pray for my son.  (name withheld)  He is suicidal and out of contact with us!

My heart has been so burdened for these precious young men and their families.  It has been one of those times when you indeed pray without ceasing!  I lifted them up to my gracious God confident that he would answer.

A few days ago my friend's son, Tim entered into the Presence of the LORD leaving behind his pregnant wife of three years.

This news hit me hard. 
The fresh realization that life is not safe nor easy, even for a Christian, came over me.
It seemed like all the grief and fears that have come my way were stirred up.

I have been in a miserable, cranky state.

Having brought my struggles to Papa I had felt a measure of peace.
Until the phone rang...

My precious ladies from the rehab were to attend a day of pampering, thanks to ACTS4, which has become a yearly event that previous rehab residents have attended.
We had been talking about it for weeks and they were excited...

Until today when the rehab decided to deny them the privilege.
I had not made a formal request.
My heart is grieving for these dear women who were so looking forward to the day.
I feel as if I have failed them somehow....

What is the answer to...
those concerned for their friend/relative who is struggling with mental or physical health needs and yet beyond their reach?
the family grieving the loss of a strong young man?
another family's ongoing grief as they see their loved one slip away?
the women who need some TLC?
this lady who heart is breaking and then breaking some more?

The answer is JESUS!
 "Surely our griefs He Himself bore, and our sorrows He carried..."  Isaiah 53:4a
Yes, the only answer is the One who said,
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28
I wanted to climb into bed and pull the covers over my head and still might, but I will imagine that it is His lap that I am curled up on.










No comments:

Post a Comment