Thursday, November 22, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude

It is my belief that each day should be a day of thanksgiving.
We have so much to be thankful for on a daily, moment-by-moment basis.

Having said that, I must confess that I do not always practice what I preach.

The world has a way of pressing in.
Especially when I am tired.

There is as acronym for what should throw up a red flag for us.

HALT

H is for hungry.
A stands for angry.
L represents lonely.
T, not surprisingly, means tired.

I would add S for sad.

It is difficult to maintain a positive attitude when any of the above is in evidence to any great degree.
When two or more are involved, I think they amplify one another.

In any and all of it Papa waits with open arms with the offer of rest.

I find it amazing how the verse that spoke to my heart so many years ago continues to speak so sweetly and consistently to me.
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."
That is Jesus speaking in the Twenty-Eighth chapter of Matthew.

I did.

I have discovered that it was not a one time thing, but something He was calling me to do on a continual basis.
It also amazes me that I let anything hold me back from going to Him.

All the struggles of life are opportunities to come to Him.
That we can go to Him is something to stir thanksgiving.

The All-Mighty, Creator God wants to carry our burdens and give us rest!

When I remember to look to Him I find much to be thankful for.

His constant Presence in my life.
Salvation, which means eternity with Him.
How He uses everything to bring blessing to me and through me.
The privilege of representing Him to broken people in a broken world.
The beauty of His creation.
A family that loves one another.
Precious friends that fill my life.

I could go on, but suffice to say that my attitude of gratitude is back in place!

Psalm Ninety-Five, verses one through three says it very well,
"O come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.  Let us come before His Presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.  For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods."



No comments:

Post a Comment