Saturday, December 14, 2013

Every Day is Christmas!

Each year my honey and I host a party to celebrate Christmas with some of our family and friends who are nearby.  I always looked forward to it and enjoyed the preparation...until last year.

December seems to fill up to overflow and year after year I just go with it.  However, with age comes wisdom they say and way less energy.
Last year I found myself less excited about the prospect of preparing for our party.  Yet, this year I automatically put it back on the calendar.  While making my plans the thought came that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to move the event.  I love the gathering of so many dear to me, it is just the timing of it.

The plan was for the next go around was to be put on the calendar for mid-January, when there isn't much going on.  But you see the idea really was from Papa, who loves His girl and knows what is best for her.
Enter the snowstorm.
We wouldn't expect anyone to venture out in all that white stuff, would we?  So the party is moved!
Moved with a new title..."The Reynolds' Annual Every Day is Christmas Party"!

A few days ago I was reading Scripture and writing in my journal, as usual.
My reading had taken me to that wonderful passage in Isaiah, chapter nine, verses six and seven,
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.   There shall be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from then on and forevermore.  The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this."
A child...THE CHILD...given to us.
That is Christmas.
Papa giving His Son to us.
Out of His Love.
Out of His mercy and grace.

This gift of His Child keeps giving.
Every day!

Each and every day we have Him, the gift of Heaven.
We have Him for all eternity!

This gift of Jesus is one that...

One of my sons just called me, as I was sitting here writing.
He had a question.
"Mom, who is Jesus to you?"
Funny he should ask, as I was about to answer that question right here!

He is the gift that we find needs more and more unwrapping.
If anyone thinks that their first encounter with Jesus tells the whole story, they are wrong.
And if they settle for that first glimpse, they will be cheating themselves of so much more!

Who Jesus was to me upon my first encounter was the Son of God, who loved me.
Who love me just as I was with all my junk.
That truly was enough for me, for then.

With time I have discovered that He is indeed the Wonderful Counselor.
He never fails to guide me to the right path.  He is Wisdom itself.

Life has offered many challenges, some very daunting, but He has shown up in all His Might and Power every time!

The Eternal aspect of my God is something I cannot wrap my brain around, but I do find comfort in the fact that He will never disappear, nor will He ever leave me or forsake me.  He made that promise in the thirteenth chapter of Hebrews!

He is my peace.  Jesus said that He was giving us peace that the world knows nothing of and I can say that He has kept His Word to me.

The future is bright because of Him.  One day He will return and set all things right.  Then the world will know peace, true peace.  The world will learn what justice and righteousness really looks like.
Meanwhile, those of us who continue to unwrap the gift of Him get a taste now!

That gift, which was given to us on Christmas day continues to give every day.
So, yes, every day is Christmas!!

Sounds like a good reason to throw a party!!









No comments:

Post a Comment