Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Connections

Coming up for a little air I realized it has been a while since my last visit to this place.  As it is meant to be, I think. 
You see, Papa is in control and if He doesn't make time for something, I have learned to let it go.  (Most of the time!)  He makes the connections, as He sees fit.

A comment the other day got me to thinking about the subject of connections.  That is what our God is all about....  Connections; in other words - relationships.

A friend had called me for some encouragement, which came, in part, in the form of prayer.
Fast forward a couple of days and a follow up call came in from her.  Papa had resolved the issue for her.  He is good at that.
She thanked me for my part and then made the comment that got me thinking.  She said she knew she should call me, because I am connected.  Oh, she knows that she is connected too, but I am really connected!

Really connected?  In contrast to....??

Webster tells us to be connected is to be linked together; united.
So we are either connected or not.

Applying this to our relationship with the Living God can we be partially connected?  What makes the connection?

Jesus alone makes the connection between us and His Father.
"Now All these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ, and gave us the ministry of reconciliation."  2 Corinthians 5:18
It is a done deal.  One that is complete.  We need but claim it.

A friend was visiting with us this past weekend.  Sergei, who is a Russian pastor.
He shared something that the LORD God had been teaching him.

In the Gospel of Matthew Jesus cursed a fig tree and it immediately withered. 
The disciples questioned how it happened so quickly.
Jesus replied...
."Truly I say to you, if you have faith, and do not doubt, you shall not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it shall happen."
What stood out for our friend was the phrase "if you have faith, and do not doubt".
God had spoken to him about this showing him that often he would pray and then walk away in doubt.

For me the key to not doubting is to know to whom I am bringing all my concerns, hopes and joys.

Whatever we focus on becomes larger. 
There is only One who can never grow too big. 
That One is our God.

Hebrews says we are to "walk by faith, not by sight."
So even though the situations of our lives may look very bleak, we can be encouraged if we turn from that sight and fix our eyes on the One whom our faith is in!

There lies the opportunity to experience the connection we have with Papa.
Once we are enjoying that then we get to carry this Good News to others.
More connections...
Papa is all about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment