Friday, May 24, 2013

The Season of Warmth

Each day when I journal, if I feel it is something that Papa would have me share here, I mark it with an arrow.  Over the past few weeks quite a few arrows have appeared throughout my writing.
And that is as far as I have gotten, as you are well aware.

Our lives move through one season after another.  Some are longer than others.
In New England, where I live winter seems to be the longest.  Really it is simply that autumn shows itself mid-September and grows cooler and cooler through the next few months until Winter itself appears.  At that point you can no longer remember being warm and will not for many a month.

When spring tip toes in it stirs many out of our self-made cocoons to sniff the air and welcome the warmth of the sun.  However, in this part of the country spring can go back into hiding without warning and we quickly fluff up our nests and snuggle back in.  We know that spring will reappear, which gives us hope and makes us willing to keep a loose grip on our blankets knowing we soon will be able to venture out into those warm sun rays again.

My life seems to have followed this same pattern quite closely. 

Slowly Papa has allowed me to return to some of the things that I so enjoyed doing previous to my honey’s accident. Doing so brings a warm ray of joy to my heart  and now I am  immersed in the full sunshine!
It has always been one of my greatest sources of joy to be involved in leading Bible studies.  What a gift to be back in such a position!

Each week I have the privilege of leading two studies; one of which is in the Gospel of Mark for the staff, volunteers and clients of ACTS4.   We are a small group as of yet, but we are an eager-to-learn one!
The second is in the book of Romans, which a number of my dear friends take part in.  Our gracious God has used it to draw us into a close knit group and really I consider us what one would call a “home group.”

I share this in way to explain why so many of the things I have intended to share here have not made it here as of yet.  You see both these studies require quite a bit of preparation on my part.  I do not want to leave one stone unturned so I can share all Papa has for us!

In addition to these endeavors I am taking part in a course which is from Francis Frangipane.  Papa is busy applying much of it to my heart.

All of this studying and preparation has taken on a rhythm which may allow me time to share a few thoughts regularly on this page.  I should say that I am sensing Papa giving me liberty to return to writing here!

Let me close with one of those little arrows from my journal.  It is in response to the following Scripture:

“But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God;  I trust in the loving kindness of God forever and ever.  I will give You thanks forever, because You have done it, and I will wait on Your Name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.”  Psalm 52:8-9

He is indeed the One who has done it!  It is Him who has given me new life, life that is fresh, like a young sapling!  A life that grows and bears fruit!  An abundant life lived in the warmth of His love!

Yes, a life which is lived in His very Presence!  A life planted in the midst of His house among His family!

Oh what a life!  What a lovely season He has ushered me into!

No comments:

Post a Comment